Caltech Dabney Hall of the Humanities
A jewel on the Caltech Campus, Dabney Hall was built in 1928 and designed by Goodhue Associates. This historic preservation and rehabilitation project included a seismic upgrade to the 31,100 SF, 3-story-plus-basement building and allowed for the centralization of Caltech’s Humanities Department. The intricate 1st floor remodel involved a spiral staircase at the first level to the basement stacks, treasure room, library and administrative offices. The upper floor remodel included a large lecture room, classrooms, and seminar rooms.